Data from a recent report makes me think that there are a lot of executives that are losing sleep these days.
Member or customer engagement is one of the most important metrics for associations, user groups, and companies concerned with maintaining strong ongoing relationships with their customers.
However, a study from Tate & Tryon titled “Membership Metrics: A Review of Current and Best Practices.” This study found that there was a 53-point value gap between the 86% of organizations who listed member engagement as a critical metric, and the 33% of organizations that actually measured it.
So, why does this phenomenon occur? Are organizations unable to measure member engagement, or does it simply take too many resources and too much time to do so? Well, according to that same study, most organizations listed, “missing or inaccurate data,” as the reason they were unable to effectively measure and track member engagement. Although, it was also apparent that companies each defined engagement a little bit differently as well.
The problem is that many associations, user groups, and customer communities are using several separate membership and community technology systems and the integrations between these systems just aren’t deep enough. This means that your member engagement data is scattered across these different systems, and without powerful enough integrations, combining this data is just too difficult, takes too much time, or impossible. Even if you are using just one system it can take hours to compile and sort through the data to make heads or tails of any meaningful member engagement trends.
Well, what if I told you that it didn’t have to be this way?
Join us to learn How to Track Member Engagement (In Only 10 Minutes a Day).
In this live webinar you will learn:
- How member engagement impacts critical metrics like event registrations, volunteering, education sign-ups, product sales, advocacy, member feedback, dues renewals, and member retention.
- What data you need and how you should use it to steer your community and member engagement strategies to increase member participation.
- See how to determine which of your members are engaged and which are not.
- Learn how to determine if your member engagement efforts are actually working.
- Where you should focus your medium and long term member engagement efforts going forward.
You’ll leave this webinar with an understanding of what engagement metrics are most important to your organization, how to determine what the level of engagement of each of your customers or members is, and finally, how to determine if your engagement strategy is working.
We can’t wait to see on on the webinar and teach you the secrets to tracking your members’ engagement. Check out our encore presentation.